What is a Broadcast?
A Broadcast is a bulk message that allows you to send the same text to multiple contacts at a time. This is great for promotions, appointments or if you want to send the same text to a group of contacts.
Here's how to send a Broadcast
- In your account, locate your Broadcasts icon on the left side column and select Create Broadcast to get started.
- Give your Broadcast a name so you can identify it or refer back to it at a later time.
- Next, select a tag or tags that are attached to your contacts that you want to include in your message.
- Select which number or inbox you would like your texts to come from.
- You can choose to send your message immediately by selecting Send Now or you can also schedule an outgoing message with our Send Later option.
- If you choose to send your message later, remember to Activate your message to send it out at the scheduled time.
Applying Tags to your contacts
You can add tags to your contacts while you're importing your contact list csv.file or you can add tags to your contacts individually and in bulk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Current subscriptions available for Broadcast messaging
Pro > includes up to 250 tagged contacts per broadcast
Premium > includes up to 500 tagged contacts per broadcast
What are some best practices for bulk messaging?
Broadcast Guidelines & Best Practices
Can I use a Short Code number to send a broadcast?
We offer two types of Short Codes. A Dedicated Short Code is a 5-6 digit number that you can acquire ahead of your short code application. A Shared Short Code is a number provided by Salesmsg that is used for one way texting (7900). You can send mass messages to up to 1000 tagged contacts per broadcast using a short code.
How many characters is one complete text?
Keep in mind that 160 characters complete one full-text message and if you send a broadcast with a larger character count, it will cost an additional message credit.
How do I use tags?
Because the Broadcast feature is designed to pull contacts from your tags list, you'll have to add a unique tag to the contacts you want to include in your bulk message first. From there, you can insert the tag under "Send To" and the message will be sent to the contacts with that specific tag.
I've reached my broadcast message limit, what does that mean? If you selected tagged contacts for your broadcast that go over your plan limit, we can not guarantee it will go to all of your contacts. Your broadcast will be sent out to the maximum amount of contacts based on your subscription. We suggest cloning your broadcast with a unique tag for any additional messages or upgrading to a plan to fit your broadcasting needs.